Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stitching it Up with 4 Crafty Chicks!

Good Thursday morning to you! As I am typing this it is windy out with blue skies. This I hope will brighten my mood. Last night my soccer team played in their final game in order to go to provincials. They played with the heart and soul of warriors. The good news is we won 3-1 and continued on our winning streak. The bad new is that even though we have only lost two games all season and we won our game last night we lost our bid to go to provincials, because the other team scored one goal on us last night. My kids are heartbroken. Our outstanding season ended with us having won 12 games and lossing 2. We played in a tournament where we took gold and never lost a game. Total of 18 games with a record of 16 wins and two losses. We were the only team in the league with 2 losses all the rest had 4 or more. So as a coach I am soooooo proud of them and sadden for them too. They are my hero's for playing so hard and just being outstanding winner's last night. To me they are still the best in our league.

Enough of my blabbing about my soccer team. What you would really like to see is our new challenge from 4 Crafty Chicks. Now this month has 5 Thursdays in it so you know what that means. It is a crazy egg challenge. Melissa is putting up the prize for this month. What is our challenge?

CHALLENGE #44 - STITCHING

Here is my card. The paper, pen, ribbon and ink are all from Stampin Up. The stamp is from Verve. My fellow DT members Melissa, Leanne and Lori did actual stitching. I couldn't not find my needle so that I could hand stitch my card so I went for Faux stitching. I am going to be hunting for my sewing box...guess it is one of my unused treasures...LOL Now my color combo is a little crazy I must admit but my kids thought I should try really colorful...LOL. It is another clean and simple card with some added layers.

I would like to enter my card into the Tip Top challenge this week. There challenge is "T is for...". So my sentiment starts with the letter T. Great challenge ladies.

So come on out and see us at 4 Crafty Chicks. I would love to stop bye your blog and see what kind of stitching inspiration you have. Hugs to all and have a wonderful Long Weekend.

To all of my fellow Canadian friends and bloggers have a HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

6 comments:

  1. Tamie, so sorry to hear about your team not being able to go to Provincials...that really stinks :( You are an amazing coach and just know you and the kids did the best you could HUGS!!!

    Your card this week rocks girlie! I love all that faux stitching on there - and I know you said your color combo was a bit wild, but I LOVE it! You did super great! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well gosh, kudos to the kiddos for encouraging bright and fun...this card is fantastic!!
    You've really taken the time to make this perfect and CAS and all the hand stitching is wonderful!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday with your very creative card. :)
    Happy Stamping...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fab clean and simple and very colourful card. Anyone would be delighted to receive this. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great colours! Love your card.

    Thanks for joining in with our 'T is for...' challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday this week :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, all those layers look lovely & the stitching is great! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the layers and the faux stitching! Great card!



    ~Cheryl~
    Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

    ReplyDelete