Monday, August 1, 2011

A New Color Combo at Picture Perfect Creations!

Good Morning! It is good to be back from vacation, I have missed you all. My family and I had a wonderful time in Victoria, B.C. with my sister (her kids), my parents and my couple of my Aunts families. My cousin was married and oh was it ever a beautiful beach wedding. The weather wasn't as warm as we usually get but the company made it perfect anyway. The best part basically no mosquito's which was such an awesome experience.

Before I get onto our new challenge at Picture Perfect Creations! I want to thank Lori and Megan for helping me out and picking the winners for the last couple of weeks, it will be nice to go back and see who you picked. Also thank you to my fellow Design Team members for commenting on my cards even though I wasn't around. The comments have brightened my day.

Onto our next challenge. Megan sure does have some fantastic colors for us this week. Our colors are Perfect Plum, Concord Crush and Very Vanilla. Now I just love, love, love these colors but you know I struggled with moving them around and trying to come up with something funky with them. Realizing that I don't own any ribbon in Concord Crush or Perfect Plum was a bit of a problem with my layout. Maybe I was just thinking way to hard about the colors and trying to get my inspiration off of holiday mode. Truly I love every creation that my fellow DT's made with these colors. They rocked it out.

Here is my card! These colors made me think of a shopping day with the girls. So I broke out my Lottie and Gussie Gabalot Bella's. They were so much fun to color. I also used spellbinders for my circles and a Stampin Up border punch for my accent near the bottom of my card (markers too). Feeling it still needed something I broke out my bling and oh the glitter I haven't used it in a while...to tell you the truth I was going to use twine but well I wasn't thinking and glued my paper down...LOL. Next time. Here was my try at working outside of my crafting box...LOL.

As a treat I used the sketch from The Paper Players this week. I found it very inspiring with these colors. It was just trying to decided what would work with the bottom part. The DT pictures were awesome.

So I am ready to go this week and can't wait to see what you create with these fabby colors. It will be really nice to hop over to your blog and get to know you. Join us over a Picture Perfect Creations.

Happy August Long Weekend to everyone! Today, will be spent with my family as it is my DH last day of holidays. Truly have a great week and thanks so much for stopping bye and sharing in my creation.

13 comments:

  1. What a fun card!! I think you did a great job with the colors and a great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great image! I really like how you spiced it up with brads :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stamp... I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fun card Tamie! You rocked both challenges! I live on Vancouver Island and would have loved to have met you!! Where do your relatives live in Victoria? I am about an hour away!! Next time, we will have to meet!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Tamie! Such a sweet image and I really like how you used the sketch. Love that fabulous detail on the border punch, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Tamie, so pretty, and I didn't think anyone could make these colors pretty....but you did it....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Tamie!! Welcome back! I know the feeling. Just got back myself! Gosh... you were right in my backyard... and I see Lesley is very close too. How funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of both the colors and our sketch this week! I love those gals and their sweet little purses! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous colour scheme ... and your image is oh so cute ... yeah, love the little purses!
    Thank you for joining us this week at Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tamie, One word... LOVE! The image is totally me and my sister. We are purse fanatics! So darling! You did a great job with the colors and I love that sketch. Perhaps I will try it later myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely wonderful Tamie!!!! The image is adorable, and you colored it so wonderfully!! Love that border with the added bling, marvelous!! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time with family!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card, Tamie! I love the color combination, and you did a fabulous job coloring the image. The pearl on the purse is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi tamie.. i am digging your blog to look inspiration of purple, and I found some of them.. yay this one is awesome.. you did well in using purple tamie..

    ReplyDelete