Monday, January 17, 2011

PPC - Specialty Challenge #3

Hi there! It is another chilly morning here in Millet, AB and boy did we get some more snow all day yesterday :). It sure does look beautiful out with the tree's heavy with snow. Can't believe it is still snowing. Even with the snow it seems spring cleaning was in order in my house on Saturday and Sunday. Our vaccum cleaner has not been working well for a while and finally just quit so off we went to buy a new one. When we got home we of course had to vaccum and it made our carpets feel like new. Yesterday, we went threw Robin and Kaitlyn's rooms and took out a bunch of stuff and put things back where they belonged. It feels nice, although a mountain of laundry will be my chore for today...LOL. Enough of my yapping...let's get onto the really good stuff of my post!

Today is a new challenge at Picture Perfect Creations. It is week three in January already and well that means Megan has a SPECIATLY CHALLENGE #3 is to EMBOSS - heat or dry...go for it!! I loved this challenge since, I seem to use it on almost every card (dry embossing). I also ususally emboss my images before coloring but this week I stepped it up and embossed using black embossing powder. The funny part is that I thought I had red embossing powder *gasp* I don't...how on earth has that happened...LOL.

My inspiration for the my colors came from Cupcake Inspirations #94. Just love this color combo.

Inkspirations Challenge #53 is where I got my sketch. It was perfect for the stamp I wanted to use.

Boy oh boy did I have fun embossing. I used the Twizzler, Swiss Dot's, and D'vine Swirl Embossing folders.

The embossing is a little hard to see with the base of the card being white. The other colors of my card are basic black and real red. Pearls (black and white) were used. Three punches and stamp from Stampin Up and black ribbon.

My oldest son has woken up with a head ache this morning and so we will see if he makes it to school this afternoon. Laundry is the call for today! I am hoping to sneak back down to my craftroom and make a card...may the crafting genies agree..LOL.

Please come join us this week for our specialty challenge! It is a fun one and I would love to see what you create. Hop on over to PPC and check out the other DT's work, they work is super cute! Lori, Sandy and Paula.

Thanks for stopping in :)))
Have an amazing Monday!!

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the graphic black elements! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW factor for sure, OMGOSH beautiful, love it, way to go, can't wait to see what else you come up with...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew this challenge was right up your alley when I say it listed! as always, a beautiful card!
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the damask image and the EF you used in the BG. Fabulous colour combo too. Thanks for joining us at Inkspriations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning design Tamie. Love all that gorgeous embossing. :)

    ReplyDelete