Sunday, February 28, 2010

Card #2 for this Sunday!!

I'm back...shocking I know...LOL. I am in a zone now, but soon to be disturbed with having to make supper for my darling, very noisy children. On Friday we found out that a gentleman who used to be on the Board where my DH works passed away. So you know what that means Sympathy card time. Today was a good day to create one as I had the time and I won't be called last mintue Tamie for procastinating :).

Before creating I had to have some of the fresh baked bread Rob had made. I must say it was soooooooooo yummy with some grape jam. (my mouth is watering again). I then made some hot chocolate, put on some more tunes starting with a some Celine Dione. It was a mood set for card making.

Last night I had went to Picture Perfect Creations Crafty Challenge Blog to see what color combo she had this week. I loved all of these colors. Megan is working hard on this Blog so when you have a chance pop on over to check it out. Congrat's Megan on your second color combo.

I then needed a sketch for this Sympathy Card and in my blogging travels I found The Stamping Boutique Stef's Sketch Challenge #6. It is also another very cool challenge site. I would like to thank them for this sketch it worked well for my smypathy card.




Saturday Spotlight SSHP 20 challenge was to clean it up. Try to make an CAS card. They wanted you to have clean edges and paper for your creation. This was a fun challenge for me to try. This is a very cool challenge site too! So many to play. Glad I found you.

Their are two Sympathy cards, same card sketch and colors just switched up a little bit. They are not fancy and I didn't change the sketch at all. Clean and Simple.

Recipe:
Stamps: Forever in Our Hearts (Verve) and In Loving Memory (Little Paper Shop)
Paper: Soft Suede, Bashful Blue, Kraft, Old Olive
Ink: Old Olive
Accessories: medium oval punch, scalloped oval punch, old olive ribbon and old olive brads, paper piercer.

Have you had a good Sunday?

Hoping to be back on here for one more card tonight...to fullfil my friends challenge to me. I am in a zone...

Thanks for poppin in and thanks to anyone who leaves a comment they are appreciated.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice sympathy cards Tamie. I really, really like that set. :o) Makes for good cards like these ones.

    Can't wait to see if you pump out one more tonight - I'm excited! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! Clean and crisp!:)

    About your question on handstitching...it does take a bit of time because you need to poke holes in the paper first but it adds amazing texture...I stitch when I watch tv so I don't find it a chore at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great!!!.I love the colors and the stamp really work well with that layout. You are rocking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this stamp set, It goes perfectly with the colors and the sketch, beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Tamie! Thanks so much for particpating in our PPC-CC #2! Hope to see you back there soon! :)

    Please my PPC-CC Design Team Call!! www.ppc-challengs.blogspot.com

    -Megs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool...luv it, your as so talented...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sympathy cards are so hard to make. These are really pretty. Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards!! I love making 2 cards at the same time too!! The clean and simple look is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so beautiful!! I love the monochromatic scheme here with that stunning layout!! Thanks for joining with us at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete