Thursday, April 24, 2014

Just Wanted To Say Hello

Good Morning! Yesterday, we had a good dose of rain which should green things up nicely and hopefully get rid of a bunch of snow mold. After having some warm temperatures on the weekend, the house feels a little chilly today.

I am excited to show you my latest DT creation for 4 Crafty Chicks. Our hostess this week is our one and only very talented Lori!! We are on Challenge #191 and she would like us to EMBOSS.

My card below used a technique called DEBOSS Using Dies.  I learned how to do this from a fantastic tutorial by Joy Taylor at La-La Land Crafts Inspiration and Tutorial Blog.  I used the Gilded Gates 2 and fussy cut my Milk Coffee image out to make it look like she is walking in front of the gates.  I need a little bit more practice at this new technique but I love the new way to use my dies.  My photo doesn't do this card justice but I can say I am very proud of it.

Recipe:
Stamp: Milk Coffee Digi, Kraftin Kimmies Stamps - Everyday Sentiments
Paper: Fresh Prints, Razzleberry, Coastal Cabana, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Accessories: Gilded Gates 2 Spellbinder, pop ups, soft suede ink
Copics: 
E51, E11, E13, E33, E35, E57, E59, E70, E71
R37, R39
C00, C1, C3, C5, C7
B00, B14, B16, BG 15

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Addicted To Stamps Challenge Blog - Challenge #92 - Make Your Mark
Creative Moments - Challenge #41 - Anything Goes/optional twist Spring (we got our shorts on already :)
Creative Card Crew - Challenge #60 - Girly

Hop on over to 4 Crafty Chicks to see more inspiration and to share what this challenge inspires in you.  I look forward to stopping by to see you blog.  

Have an amazing day!!

10 comments:

  1. She turned out wonderful...wonder what is behind that gate..she could walk thru it. Awesome coloring and great embossing..love it. gotta love that paper...way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! She is just so cute! I agree with Leanne - I wonder what's behind the gate? LOL Hope you have a fantastic day! I am off to check out that tutorial!
    Hugs - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute image and design! I love this! Thanks so much for having me guest design this month! I've thoroughly enjoyed myself!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the debossing... very cool. And the fussy cut image is amazing. Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your image and layout and great idea to deboss using a die! Thank you for sharing at ATSM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet image and lovely coloring, I like that embossed BG too :) thank you for sharing with ATSM !

    ReplyDelete
  8. L'embossage est très réussi !
    Merci pour ta participation au creative card crew challenge
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joli embossage !
    Merci pour ta participation au creative card crew challenge
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...it's lovely! Sweet image and great color combination. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Big hug
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete