Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Phindy's Place, Techno Stamper and SPCC

Happy Hump Day! I am glad it is Wednesday already. It is the last day of school for my kids this week and on a selfish note I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning, at least a little bit anyway :).

My friend Leona's birthday was yesterday and I made this card for her. On Friday I had looked at Phindy's Place Challenge Blog and there challenge is one I *heart* so much. what is it you say? Well it is EMBOSSING (heat/dry or both). Thank goodness I am able to get this in just under the wire...LOL. When I stopped over to see the new colors for the week at Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo #86 gave me some yummy bright colors (crumb cake, old olive and pumpkin pie)...they reminded me of spring and I thought they were just perfect for the stamp I had picked out for Leona. Mary Jo from Techno Stamper whipped up another fantabulous sketch for us this week. It totally inspired me with the other challenges I picked to work with. Now she is doing a blog hop each week with her sketch challenges. I am going to try it out and see if I can hop with her.

Please hop on over to each blog their DT's have worked to give us some super inspiration. Thanks ladies, you all continue to inspire me each week.

So here is Leona's birthday card! It is bright and full of joy...well I guess that is my opinion...LOL. Hope you like it.

Recipe: Stamps:Because I Care (SU) and Annabelle Stamps; Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake DSP, Old Olive and Whisper White; Ink: Old olive; Accessories: dimensionals, paper piercer, pumpkin pie and kraft ribbon, twizzler EF, medium oval and scalloped oval punches, pumpkin pie and old olive markers.

It is another clean and simple card! One I hope she will like.

Thank you so much for stopping bye and sharing this card with me. See you later with another post!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Tamie! I love the image you used too - isn't that flower so versatile with almost any color scheme? Thanks for playing with us at SPCC this week!

    Lori - SPCC Diva

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty, love the color orange! Beautiful embossed background. Thanks for playing along with us at Phindy's Place this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Tamie...you rocked out this color combo...awesome!

    Leanne - SPCC Diva

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh, I am loving this color combo. Beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joing us at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete