Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sweet Stampin, The Sweet Stop and Wee Memories

How is your Saturday going? Well mine is going really good. Tonight I went out to celebrate one of my friends 50th birthdays. Helen, Leona and I were going to take Darlene to the Olive Garden, but wouldn't you know it we couldn't even find a parking spot. So there was a change of plans, we ended up eating a superb supper at Moxies. There is nothing like celebrating with friends to make an evening fun.

This afternoon I made Darlene's card. She likes the color blue and the last few years Leona and her have went to B.C. to have a little vacation. So I couldn't resist stamping with a retired Stampin UP set. This set has a few pictures by the ocean. When I stopped over at Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog- their challenge was CLEAR as MUD - brown with one other color! Whaoooo, this was perfect...who doesn't love brown and blue, right? Wee Memories scrappy Saturday challenge is ANYTHING GOES - mine has celebration, brads, cute stamp and colors. The sketch that I found to work with this beautiful stamp is from The Sweet Stop.

All of the DT's from each of these challenge site sure have some amazing creations that are totally inspiring be sure to stop bye and check them out!!

Here is Darlene's birthday card.

The paper colors are bashful blue, early espresso, early espresso designer paper, and very vanilla as my neutral color. Clear embossing powder was used over Versa Fine black ink and early espresso for the sentiment. Water color pencils were used along with blender pen and copic markers. Brown pearls, brown brad, dimensionals, D'Vine Swirl embossing folder, ticket punch, another punch by SU, flowers from flower die by SU!

It was an absolute blast to make and it sure got me out of my bad mood! She loved her card which made it even better.

Thank you so much for stopping bye and sharing in my friends birthday card with me. Here to wishing you a very good night. Happy Crafting :).

P.S. - There is still some time to join us at Picture Perfect Creations and 4 Crafty Chicks, we would love to have you come and play with us too.

5 comments:

  1. super cute card Tamie! Glad you got to get inky today :) I did too :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet card. I love the pastel shades with that really wonderful image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Tamie
    beautiful and very refreshing card, I like the colors that you used

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tamie your card is super gorgeous hun I love the colour that you have put with the brown its lush.

    Thankyou for joining us girlies at Sweet Stampin, good luck.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous and the perfect image.Thanks for taking part in this weeks Sweet Stampin Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete