Monday, December 6, 2010

Picture Perfect Creations Color Combo #41

Gooooooood Monday morning! Well this morning is so exciting! First off Megan had a little baby boy and we are so exited for her and her hubby. He is just so darn cute. So this week Sandy will be our PPC host.

How was your weekend? My weekend was really busy on Saturday it was my daughter Rythmic Gymnastic preformance. Their whole group performed a routine for us and then Kaitlyn along with another girl were the only ones to put on a ball routine. She was so nervous, but they did amazing. After we went and did some christmas shopping...don't mind saying I am soooooo behind this year and not at all organized...LOL. Sunday was my step families christmas and it was wonderful to see everyone and all the little babies...who would not love cuddling up with those honeys. We found out that their are 2 more on the way.

Enough of my chattering and onto Megan's delicious color combo! We are on Challenge 41 here at Picture Perfect Creations and it is so much fun. Hope you don't mind but I am still in Christmas card mode...so I managed to knock off another christmas card with this color combo ( it is definately not a traditional color combo...LOL). Guess, I will toot my own horn, but I think it turned out pretty good. Can't wait to see what you make for us!!! My fellow DT's rocked the crafting planet with their creations this week.



The sketch that inspired me this week is from The Sweetest Thing...thanks Karen it was an awesome sketch and it worked so well with The Paper Players challenge of a CHRISTMAS THEME. Sundays With Crissy is Challenge #12 CHRISTMAS IS COMING OR WINTER IS HERE! All of these challenges worked soooooooo good with Megan's Color combo.


Here is my creation! I used Holiday Line-Up from Stampin Up. Instead of using my fav dazzling diamonds, I got out my northern lights embossing powder and used it on the snowmen and the background snowflakes. They might have been better either versa marked or embossing in white. Oh well it doesn't always look the way you want, but I tried something new...LOL. Still got my embossing folders in though...LOL. I used stampin up markers, versa fine black ink, clear embossing powder, martha snowflake punch, white pen, pearl and gems.



Hope you all liked the finished look of this unlikely christmas card color combo. it was a blast to make.

What are you up too today? You will find me working in my sons, bedroom painting. I have learned that dark colors are hard to paint, we are now going on our 3rd coat of red paint in his room. May the third time be the charm or I just might work on the doors today, put the second coat on them and then start the other color. Soon well maybe in another 2 weeks he will be in his room and I will have my craft room back...LOL. I also have to register my daughter for gymnastic's again. Oh and do some laundry....does anyone have a laundry genie laying around? I sure could use one...LOL.

Well I should get the show on the road and start doing something! Hop on over to PPC to see the inspirational creations from the DT's (Paula, Lori, Sandy, Melissa and Megan). They really are talented ladies. Can't wait to stop over at your blog and share some love.

Sharing a smile with you and wishing you a chance to relax and craft. Hugs.

Thanks for stopping bye.

11 comments:

  1. You did it! You made it work for Christmas, I'm so proud of you! I just couldn't make it work for me as Christmas as I had spring stuck in my head. I love that image :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Paula! WTG on bringing Christmas out of that combo! :) That image is fun with whatever color combo a person uses..TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Tamie, I love that you used the colors for Christmas, look at you go girl. Way to GO!! I love that stamp set too...they are friggn' cute! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper colour combo for the image! I love it! So happy you've joined us again at the Paper Players Tamie! Congrats to Megan on her new arrival!!
    Happy Holidays!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tamie if anyone could make a super Christmas card with these colors, it's you!!! The card is GORGEOUS!! Great coloring job! And good luck with painting!! I hate painting so I'm definitely not envious! Have a great week girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh really neat! love the embossed layers on this! thank you for joining us at Sundays with Crissy
    XMicheleX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tamie I love your card! I have that image and for got about it. I have to get it out.
    My hubby pulled your name to win the stand for the ATG holder. I need your address. You can email me at ljcardering at yahoo dot com
    or give me your email at my blog
    http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com
    Thanks again for your sweet comment.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the texture and your color choices! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable image!! Love your color combo!
    Thanks for joining us at Sunday's With Crissy!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card. The texture on each layer is wonderful. I love the final snowflake and the pearl. Great job combing the challenges on this fabulous project.
    Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. This color combo makes me smile!! :) Love it! Awesome texture and sparkle and your frame around the image is lovely. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete