Friday, February 13, 2009

With Sympathy.........

I know that I have not been on for over a week, unforunately, I don't have the excuse that I was too busy. I have been in mourning with my family and have found it very hard to craft anything, little alone create.

This Sympathy card was made for my Aunt, Uncle, cousins, fiance and a precious little boy. My cousin's daughter, Teagan Klein was murdered last Wednesday. It is something we will never be able to make sense of. Teagan was an amazing person, daughter, sister, friend and mother. The light of her life was her little three year old boy. As a family we are having a hard time getting past this tragic event. Teagan will be missed for ever. I know if my cousin Mike and her mom Tari could march up to heaven with all of the tears they have cried they would bring her back home again to hold. May you rest in peace Teagan. On Monday night I made 7 of these cards. I must say that the color combo came from my friend Lori, she made a beautiful sympathy card on her blog. The colors make it a soft card and elegant for a sympathy card. I made a mistake at 1 am, but I was able to change it up and make it look ok.

I used basic black, going grey, basic grey, and whisper white (all paper Stampin' UP-SU)
Basic Black Ribbon (SU) and pewter color brads.
Cuttlebug folder D'vine Swirl.
Stamp set was Close As A Memory (SU)

I hope to get my other 2 cards that were a work in progress finished to post. I want to thank everyone for there patience, for waiting for me to come back to my blog, your support means alot.

Till tomorrow-tell people you love them and keep smiling. :)

Quote:

We must become the change we want to see.

2 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, my hugs and prayers are with you. It's such a sad thing that has happened. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I love the card you made for them and I know they will love the heartfelt work you put into it in Teagan's memory. Sending you hugs girl....

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great cards. The colors work well to-gether. Our weeks will get better,a pray and a smile will start our day out on the right track. Lv & hugs.

    ReplyDelete