Thursday, March 12, 2009

Crafting, Friendships and Memories...at the Bloomin' Inn

As you know there have been no posts for a while. I almost quit crafting and doing what I love, but with the help of my husband, mom, dad and friends, I am back. You will see tons of pictures today.

I went on a crafting retreat with Lori, Leanne, Jackie, Nancy and Melissa. Bloomin' Inn Ranch Bed and Breakfast watch out...:). We headed out in 2 vans which were red and then we met up with Melissa in her red car. Some called us the "Red Barrons", but me I am sticking with the "Red Cardnials"...LOL. What should have been a 4-5 hour drive took us all day. We had a blast stopping at different places and shopping. Eating out was an experience too...laughing was the only option! We arrived at Princher Creek with a snow storm and extremely high winds. That kept some of us up all night. They made me laugh until I cried and were there to support me. We were able to eat, craft, shop, eat, craft, shop...LOL...do you see a pattern. Some went shopping at the Pantry and Country Store there and some had massages. It was a wonderful way to relax. Most girls did some scrapbooking and cards. Although I found this difficult emotionally, I decided to make some cards and cross stitch on my tiger (cross stitching was also emotional, but I worked my way through it). The only item you won't see is my cross stitch. I want to get a little more done on it before I post it. I should have a card on here soon too. I started working on a card and was well......frustrated with it so put it away.

I can not thank my Husband, Mom, and friends Lori and Leanne for not letting me back out of something that was booked for months and for making me laugh at such a difficult time. What you have done has meant the world to me. The memories made will always be in my heart. Thanks too my other *peeps* that made me laugh too.

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to enjoy a visit with my mom, she helped me see the card in a new light, so I hope to have it on here soon. So stay tuned.

Too everyone who looks at my blog, your visits are appreciated more than you know and you have also made me decide to stick with something, I love so much. Please enjoy the cards I designed and made at such a wonderful retreat. I can't wait to go to another one with the girls....











These next set of cards were made from a Martha Stewart card package. All you had to do was stick the tree's etc... to the card and then glitter them. I really loved the glitter colors and still have quite a bit left. For $10.00 it was well worth the cost. It made 8 cards and came with envelopes too. It was a nice set because you didn't have to concentrate too much. I might look at buying the brown glitter and maybe the dark green too.

Till next time...keep smiling :) :)
I hope you enjoyed the cards!












































3 comments:

  1. Way to go girl. They all look great on here. Will keep watching for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow!! You are a card making machine. They look awesome. Glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous!! I want to be just like you. You're way more creative than me...

    ReplyDelete